[clue-tech] Script for Unzipping?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Apr 30 11:15:00 MDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:01:32 -0600
David Anselmi wrote:

> Boy, I'd call that a bug.  Shouldn't a command, given multiple file name
> arguments, just process each file?  That's what you'd get from cat,
> less, grep, etc.
>
> I'd think that if you wanted just some files from the archive, a switch
> for that behavior would be a better design.

My guess is that this is because of code written to mimic the behavior of
a DOS command line program, or maybe a port of a DOS unzipper. It's been
so long since I've use pkzip that I don't remember how it worked though.
But yeah, really poor interface design for a tool written for Unices.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E