[clue-tech] ctrl-u in mozilla

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 17:13:49 MDT 2005

--- "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:38:01 -0600
> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > edit your ~/.gtkrc-2.0
> > add:
> >
> > gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"
> >
> > restart firefox.
> >
> > Hope that works for others.
>
> Works for Mozilla and Galeon. Thanks Kevin.

Hmm I don't have a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 although I do have
~/.gtkrc and ~/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2. I blindly added the
gtk-key line mentioned above to those 2 files and
created ~/.gtkrc-2.0 with only that line. The latest
redhat enterprise distributions of both firefox and
mozilla still brought up the source for the page when
entering ctrl-u. I tried two 1.7.7 linux binary
distros of mozilla from mozilla.org:

mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-1.7.7-gtk2+xft.tar.gz

The resulting mozilla from that tarball popped up
source when hitting ctrl-u. I also tried using

mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-1.7.7-installer.tar.gz

The resulting mozilla from that install deleted a line
when issuing ctrl-u....

hmmm... The only stinky thing about the latter install
is that I keep getting

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkSuperWin' to
`GtkWidget'

messages in the term from which I spawned mozilla...

I suppose I could get used to the idea of say using
ctrl-a to select the text in the url box and then
deleting ... but for now when I want to clear that
area and type in a new url ... out of habit I hit
ctrl-u which gives me the webpage source for the page
I am already tired of and don't care to even see
anymore, let alone its source:)

-Mike