[clue-tech] Google Maps

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Apr 30 17:05:38 MDT 2005

Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> Hmm.  It works with my address.

Heh, yeah... once I "navigated" over to my house, I see that the image
data is 1 ft resolution, and it says it was taken April of 2002.

Since my Jeep's in the driveway, and factoring in the angle and length
of the shadow from the 28' fir tree in my front yard, I'd say it's
around 10AM on a weekend day.  (Otherwise the Jeep probably wouldn't be
there.)

Interesting stuff.

Any areas of Denver have better than 1' resolution?  You don't have to
give your address, just curious if you guys are able to zoom to the
highest setting on the little bars on the right.  The data for my house
says that's too far, and will only go to the next-to-last zoom point.

I remember the power company coming and cutting back all the trees from
the overhead powerlines that spring, and can see in the photo how far my
back trees were encroaching on the power lines prior to that.  Neat.

There's newer data (2004) but it is only 2' resolution and doesn't look
as good.  Pretty blurry.

Toys.  Cool.

Nate