[clue-tech] Looking for C++ IDE

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Aug 4 10:48:33 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 10:01 -0600, Hani Duwaik wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has come across a good IDE for C/C++.  I'm
> starting to play with C++ a bit and I'd like to use an IDE for my more
> complex apps.  At the moment, I'm installing jedit, but would be
> interested in hearing about other IDEs.
>
> FYI: I run fluxbox and do not have Gnome or KDE currently installed.

Hi Hani,

I'm fond of emacs which I use as my all-around "IDE" for:

  C C++ bash Fortran PERL PHP HTML XML LaTeX RPM-spec-files etc...

and it doesn't require any KDE or GNOME bits so it will work nicely with
your fluxbox setup.

Another option is Eclipse:

  http://www.eclipse.org/

which has plug-ins for many languages including Java, C++, etc.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307