[clue-tech] Driver Disk?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:33:31 MDT 2005

On 8/7/05, William <wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com> wrote:
> Collins Richey wrote:
>
> >Good luck with your search, and please share the results with us.
> >
> I have consolidated several sources (some RedHat, some SuSE, etc.) into
> the following procedure.  However, I am unable to get the CentOS 4
> installer to mount the newly crafted Driver Disk when prompted.  I've
> tried three different floppy disks to no avail, so I don't believe it's
> a matter of bad disks.  In fact, this same machine CAN mount and read
> the disk when I let the older CentOS 3 OS boot up.
>
> I don't know why the CentOS 4 installer won't mount these disks and I
> hope any of you might be able to offer some tips.  This is the first
> time I've ever attempted to build a Driver Disk, so I'm clearly missing
> something.

I would suggest that you join the CentOS list (if you haven;t done so)
and post this problem there. There are a lot more people there who
have in depth experience with the RedHat/CentOS installer. Other than
one grump who launches into off topic tirades at the drop of a hat,
most everyone including the developers (they participate fully) is
quite responsive to solvig problems.

As a side note, selinux (especially the default configuration) has
been known to screw up a number of things, so it might be worth while
to turn it off.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write