[clue-tech] Linux on an AMD64 (was HELP the CRAW...)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Aug 18 17:01:18 MDT 2005

Michael:

I have CentOS v4.0 for AMD64 working quite nicely on a home made toy
here.  I have also tried the Kubuntu Live and Install for AMD64 as well.
Might I suggest getting a copy of them at the InstallFest (I will have a
spindle of CD-R's at $0.25/disc for sale) and taking a crack at one of
those?  There will be quite a few savvy technolust Linux folks there it
seems including myself.

I would recommend CentOS vs. Fedora though since I consider CentOS RH
"stable" (coming from my Debian days) and Fedora more RH "unstable".

FWIW.

--- Crawford
--
The Linux ETC Company