[clue-tech] Fwd: Ohio LinuxFest is fast approaching!

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Aug 31 09:25:09 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 22:52 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> <intentional toppost>
> Just an FYI. It would be really great if we had someone with the
> organizational skills to put on an event like this for the Rocky
> Mountain Region.
> </intentional toppost>

Now that I'm back in Colorado (Colorado Springs this time around), I've
been thinking about reviving CLIQ.  That was a ton of work - though well
worth it - and there may be better ways of doing such an event.  We had
good community participation for that which helped those events work
well.  The economy is a also little better now, though that may not hold
after Katrina is said and done.  Back in '99 and '00, things were on the
down swing in the tech market.

But I've only been settled into the new digs for a month and we still
don't have all the boxes unpacked.  It's also hard, with my new job
schedule, to make it up to Denver for meetings for either CLUE or BLUG.
I've been thinking about trying to organize a remote LUG meeting here
that does some kind of GNOMEMeeting-type connection with the Denver LUGs
when they have their meetings too.

But right now I'm just thinking this over and no plans have been put in
motion for anything.  Things are still kinda hectic for me so finding
time to get any of this organized is the first priority.   I don't
forsee a CLIQ-style event till mid to late next year at the earliest.
Just getting a remote LUG off the ground here in the Springs will be
some effort for me right now.   Is any one else on this list in the
Springs?

I know that the tummy.com folks and The Hacking Society have put
together an event for September (in a Ft. Collins park I believe, but I
could be wrong about that) that is tantamount to the hacking fests of
Europe - tents and wifi, hacking and snacks and (maybe) beer.  They were
still accepting reservations from people last I heard.  Check with the
BLUG mailing list for more info.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  Women should put pictures of missing husbands