TONIGHT * - [clue-tech] Additional study groups and topics - TONIGHT - *

dperkins at frii.com dperkins at frii.com
Thu Dec 8 13:32:06 MST 2005

> Who:    David L. Willson
>         you
>
> Where:  Parsec
>         999 18th St
>         Denver 80202
>         (720)333-LANS
>
> When:   Thursday, DEC 08, 6PM-9PM
>
> What:   MBR stuph, PartImage, fdisk, gpart,
>         "Poor man's ghost",
>         everything else I've learned about
>         KNOPPIX for data-recovery/ghosting
>         over the last few months
>
> Next Session: Thursday December 15 at Parsec, 6-9
>
> Suggest topics.
>
> Next next Session: Saturday, January 7th, staring at
> 10 AM at David Willson's home.
>
> Suggest more topics.

I can't make it to Thursday night meetings, but maybe these would be good:

1. making bootable CDs
2. introduction to Ruby, including simple classes in Ruby
3. using zenity and other tools to add dialog boxes, popup alarms, etc.,
to shell scripts

I'm currently building a biarch (32 and 64 bit) LFS system, using Cross
Compiler tools.  I'm basicly following the Cross LFS book to learn how to
do this, so my knowledge of cross compiling is limited at this time.  I
don't know if this is a topic that most people are prepared to go thru.