[clue-tech] Movie format discussion was DVD to MPEG-4 converter

Wed Dec 14 09:56:31 MST 2005

Have you used it?  And, how 'available' is the MPEG-4 format on
different platforms?

What is a good 'works anywhere' format for high-resolution, compressed
movies?  I am trying to cut my home movies, natively 720x480x30fps, to
something generic, compressed, and low-loss, for long-term storage.

Right now, I am keeping them all on DVDs, but I'd rather use some native
file storage method, since the chapters of the DVD can be completely
unrelated.