[clue-tech] DVD to MPEG-4 converter

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 14:30:01 MST 2005

On 12-13 20:26, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Found this little gem:
>
> HandBrake is a GPL'd multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4
> ripper/converter. HandBrake was originally available on the BeOS, but
> now has been ported over to MacOS X and to GNU/Linux. There is no
> Windows version of HandBrake.

I've been using dvd::rip, which does other formats as well. I usually do
xvid4, IIRC.

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

I'll have to check out Handbrake, though - maybe the usability/features are
better.  I've found sampling is possible with dvd::rip, but pretty
labor-intensive.

Cheers,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
Greasemonkey Amazon scripts for Colorado libraries:
http://userscripts.org/people/2388
The joy of life is made up of obscure and seemingly mundane victories that
gives us our own small satisfactions.
-Billy Joel