[clue-tech] CLUE jabber server?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Dec 14 20:55:30 MST 2005

Jeff Cann wrote:
> After last night's DTC presentation, I think it would be fun to setup a jabber
> service on the CLUE server.  Would CLUBies want to use it?

Nope, not at all.

Let's see... so it looks like an IM server.  And I guess that's
different than IRC.  I tried IRC once and it didn't seem terribly
useful.  I don't see that IM would be any better.

Now I know that I'm the Luddite in the group, and getting old fast.  So
can anyone give me a specific, detailed example of how IM (or IRC) make
your lives better?  Or is it just a "my friends use it so that's the
easy way to reach them" thing (s/friends/co-workers/).

Would something like good spam filtering be a better use of effort than
jabber?