[clue-tech] CLUE jabber server?

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:17:19 MST 2005

On 12/14/05, Jeff Cann <jccann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 10:34 pm, Nate Duehr wrote:
> > If you're doing a task that really shouldn't be interrupted and an IM comes
> > in, it's highly annoying after a while
>
> Of course, you can turn off your IM client... which is what I do with both
> gaim and email when I need to concentrate.  I also am lucky to have an office
> door which also gets closed.

Many, if not all, clients offer away/status features that allow you to
stay online but indicate that you'd rather not receive IMs.

Gajim, for example. If you set status to "Busy" it will not pop up
messages received, but friends will still see you online and be able
to send messages. (Actually, once nice thing about Jabber is the
ability to send messages to other Jabber users even when they're
offline....)

Best,

Zonker
--