[clue-tech] Re: mail to AOL

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Tue Dec 20 14:20:12 MST 2005

> Do you have a bounce from one of these 421s?  If so it
> will give you
> enough info to figure out the problem (google knows all
> the AOL error
> codes).  You can check them here:
>
> http://postmaster.aol.com/errors/index.html
> http://postmaster.aol.com/trouble/mailer.html
>
> If you can't find a description of the problem there you
> can check that
> you're using their current mail exchangers.

Their error code is:
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421rlycs5.html

That page says the error can be caused by _either_ server
overload on their part or incorrect configuration on my
part.  My configuration may be incorrect, though it is
curious that the problem started surfacing three weeks ago
and seems to have improved significantly in the last 24
hours, while my configuration and my mail volume has not
changed in the past year.

Thanks, Jeff, for the tip re
(http://postmaster.aol.com/tools/index.html), I'll look at
that.