[clue-tech] Linux on a Dell PowerEdge 2300?

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 12:14:38 MST 2005

--- Alex Young wrote:
> Just decide what RAID level you want.     Likely it's 1 or 5.
> Configure that in the RAID BIOS, and your set.

Okay, here's my noob question for the day:  What's the difference?  The "EasyConfig" option in the
BIOS config (PERC) set me up automatically with a drive array using RAID 5.  I have yanked the bad
drive, so I'm experimenting with 4 drives (I'm also a CPU and some RAM short, so I won't actually
be installing Linux until those holes are filled).

> Let me know if you run into problems.   I'll be happy to share config
> files as needed.

I appreciate that very much!

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)