[clue-tech] proxy to log chat

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Feb 23 21:38:34 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:01:11 -0700
Jeff Cann wrote:

> So, anyone know of such a tool to monitor chat traffic that runs on
> linux?

Ethereal? :)

Well, actually, with the right filtration settings -- set it up to snag
only the ports used for chat programs, could it work?

Then you'd need a report program to parse and format the ethereal capture.
I don't know of such, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't exist.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E