[clue-tech] HELP!! Someone has hijacked my mailserver for spam

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Wed Feb 23 21:48:26 MST 2005

At 09:02 PM 2/23/2005, Mike wrote:
>(sorry if this is a dupe used wrong email on first mailing)
>
>I recently switched to postfix from qmail (i know don't fix it if it's
>not broken) and today I have hundreds of undeliverable emails in my
>inbox that were sent from my account. It looks like to me that someone
>has spoofed my email address. All the emails are from me but there is no
>corresponding log messages for any of th emails.

I know this is a dumb question, but I assume you looked at the headers and
confirmed the mail really went through your server and it isn't just a case
of forged from addresses.

There are no reports on .sightings or elsewhere showing any spam coming
from your IPA, nothing in spamcop, and you didn't post any of the bounces.