[clue-tech] proxy to log chat

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Thu Feb 24 10:00:07 MST 2005

As others have mentioned ethereal (or tethereal) will do this but if you
want any kind of report you'll be growing one yourself.

Snort also does this. If you use a frontend such as Open Aanval or Acid
you can easily see what contents of the chat. Both of these still have
what I consider weak reporting, but the sources, destinations, content,
and number of messages are all there readily summarized.

This may seem rather big brother, but with things like Bropia out there
people really need to consider the risk of allowing chat.