[clue-tech] HELP!! Someone has hijacked my mailserver for spam

David Guntner davidg at akaMail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:17:03 MST 2005

Mike grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> That's good, I suppose. What I'm worried about is my domain being
> blacklisted because my email in the From: header. Or is blacklisting
> smarter than that and the actual originating IP address is looked at and
> not the From: header?

I'm not aware of any blocklists that block based on that criteria.  Everyone
knows that most spammers fake the From: line to hide their identity, so none
of the blocklists are going to add something like that to a list.

> Also, would I have any success reporting this abuse to the originating IP
> address?

How much success you'd have depends on the provider who owns the originating
address.

                  --Dave