[clue-tech] Mandrake 10.1 DSL Access Problem

Vern B. Southern vbsouthern at gch4usa.com
Sun Feb 27 17:03:08 MST 2005

I downloaded the ISO files and created the installation CD's for Mandrake
10.1...  After installing the OS on a separate partition I booted it up and
everything looks great.

I am having one problem. Internet access is erratic.  Sometimes it works but
most of the time it does not work.  I can sometimes connect while using
Konqueror.  Mozilla does not work at all.

I have tried to install Netscape 7.1 off of a CD however the
netscape-installer can't access the Internet so the installation is left
incomplete.

I have Mandrake 9.1 installed on another partition and it accesses the DSL
connection just fine.  Also I have Win98SE on another partition and it
accesses the DSL connection without any problem.

I can only assume that Mandrake 10.1 has a new feature that I am not aware
of or I simply don't know how to setup the DSL connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vern
vbsouthern at gch4usa.com