[clue-tech] Embedded Content on a Web Page

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Jan 6 16:09:00 MST 2005

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

> Personally I like XHTML and HTML 4.01 Strict as it really challenges me as a
> designer. Granted I'm moving away from static web pages (or at least trying
> to) and moving towards dynamic content using XML/SOAP.

Hmm ... just out of curiosity, how are you using SOAP for dynamic
content? I did something along those lines about 4 years ago. It sucked.
I suspect that SOAP wasn't the right tool for that particular job, but
it could also have been that I wasn't a particularly good Java
programmer, nor very knowledgeable about enterprise Web architectures.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm trolling. True, I tend to be
anti-SOAP in general, but I'm still interested to know if someone is
doing something with SOAP that is actually cool, which I hope is the
case with your work.

--
Matt Gushee
Reformed XMLaholic