[clue-tech] handheld recommendations

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 14:32:46 MST 2005

--- Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting a handheld sometime this year. Just curious
> if
> anyone has any recommendations for brand - HP, Dell, Palm, other?
>
> Linux is always important, but I will probably wind up synching the
> beast with my laptop in (uggh!) Windows mode.

I don't have any specific experience here, but... a friend of mine
showed me his HP, I think it was an iPaq thing. We were at Wynkoop
Brewery, hopping on & off various wireless networks it detected. As
much as I dislike Microsoft, I have to admit, this thing was pretty
damn slick. He told me about how it wirelessly syncs with his Outlook
installation at home, by just walking into the house. Which is somehow
sync'd with his Outlook where he works. There's a lot of value in that,
and I'll bet it wasn't too awful hard to get working.

On a different note, been playing Tech Support for my mom's new laptop
with WinXP. I have to say, I've noticed it doesn't want me to reboot
NEARLY as often as I'm used to. But my aunt now wants to buy one, too,
but I think I've got her convinced to buy an Apple G4 notebook with
OSX.

ct