[clue-tech] SuSE 9.2 free from Novell

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 13:42:50 MST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:06:13 -0700, Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:

> >> I applaud this, I really do - however I'm one of those guys that hates
> >> wasting bandwidth everytime I want to install an OS... would it be
> >> against Suse/Novell's policy for someone to offer a CD set of 9.2 in
> >> iso format for download? I'm guessing it probably is, but I thought
> >> I'd check once again.
> >

> > You mean like this one:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.2/iso/SUSE-Linux-9.2-FTP-DVD.iso
>
> Yeah - isn't that the disc though that when you boot from it, it starts
> downloading what you need over ftp?  That's the one I was talking about
> - I guess I just prefer to have all the rpms on disc.

No. The ISO DVD has all the RPMs on it. There's a CD-ROM ISO that's
for FTP installs. They do lack a set of ISOs for CD, but if you have a
DVD burner, then you can just download the DVD iso and go to town.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier
xonker at gmail.com
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy
to state I finally won out over it." ~ Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"