[clue-tech] Critical BIND issues behind firewall

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Jan 17 12:20:13 MST 2005

Exactly - you gotta go with the South Park server naming convention if
you live in Colorado!

BTW, I think I have the issue figured out - the problem comes from using
Split DNS.  I had my first config using split dns, and during the AXFR
zone transfers, all of them were getting transferred the local zone
files... so even the external zone files were being filled with 10.0.0
ip addresses... causing the problem.  I'm not sure how to get around
this... mainly because the reason I need split dns is because when
you're behind a PIX, you can't address the remote IP address, only the
internal one.