[clue-tech] Need used JetDirect card -- Ethernet J3111A for HP4000

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Sat Jan 22 10:37:49 MST 2005

Rita wrote:

> The network card in an old HP Laserjet 4000 Laserjet printer went bad
> and I'm  looking for a used one.

Although I don't have a JetDirect card for you, I found that plugging a
USB-capable printer into an old Linux box running CUPS is just as good.
It makes a printer that would otherwise be "local" into one that's
network-aware.

Since it sounds like you have a number of other boxes, if you can't get
a card (IIRC they run around $400) and have a USB connection from the
HP 4000, you might take that approach.

Good luck!

Jeff