[clue-tech] Firefox 1.04 crash

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:55:34 MDT 2005

On 7/20/05, Matt Thompson <thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu> wrote:
> Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> > Just FYI - not sure how long it will take for CentOS / RH to update to
> > 1.0.6 - but 1.0.4 has a number of security vulnerabilities, so you might
> > want to upgrade. Not sure if the problem you're running into is related
> > to the bugs/holes fixed in 1.0.6, but they might be...
>
> Well, my local mirror has 1.0.6 for FC3, and it is usually on the
> tailend of rsyncs.  So, 1.0.6 should be available for CentOS/RH
> tout-de-suite.

Thanks Matt(s) and Joe,

1. no errors running from an xterm, which is pretty amazing in itself.
I've almost always seen gtk errors when I did this. I guess
gtk/firefox finally got their act in gear.

2. Only libxml2-2.6.16-6 is installed, and I never have anything in
/usr/local/lib.

3. The problem is back and solid.

4. Yeah, I knew that firefox 1.0.6 has been released, but I wait for
CentOS to catch up with a normal RPM.

5. Nothing unusual in ldd /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.4/firefox-bin

The only thing unusual (from my standpoint as a seldom user of RPM) is
that the RPM builds for RHEL/CentOS apparently don't clean out old
libraries. There are /usr/lib/firefox-1.0 through 1.0.4 on the system.
Or is that just normal with firefox?

Anyway, I'll try the magic site again after I have 1.0.6.

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but