[clue-tech] Partition madness

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Mon Jul 25 00:20:20 MDT 2005

Maybe someone can tell me what's going on here.  On my hard drive I have:

Linux /boot
NTFS
extended:
    FAT32
    Linux /
    Linux swap
    Linux /home

I just tried deleting the FAT32 partition so I could absorb it into the
Linux world, but it said something about the parition being currently
used (even though it was unmounted).  So I booted windows 2000 and
deleted the "logical drive" from there.  Then /boot could no longer load
my / partition!  Very strange.  So after a while, I re-made the FAT32
partition in windows,  and now it's working again.

Can anyone explain to me what's going on here?  I guess it's going to be
hard to shift partitions around.

Angelo