[clue-tech] Presentation on Ubunto/Debian?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:35:42 MDT 2005

On 6/1/05, David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> David Anselmi wrote:
> [...]
> > How many packages do you need to build from source?
>
> Sorry that I asked this so poorly.  I meant, "how many packages (gcc,
> etc) do you need to install before you can build something from source?"

That's a fair question, but I don't know the answer. I tried the usual
suspects (gcc , autoconf, etc.) from a list, but it seemed (missing
???.h files, and no I didn't write them down) that some xxxdev
packages were missing.

<rant>
It probably makes sense for a server setup, but I've never understood
why installs of a package don't include everything. I'm probably
spoiled by long years on Gentoo, where that's exactly how it works.
</rant>

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but