[clue-tech] find a lost wireless router?

Glen Newell skipworthy at realivetech.com
Fri Jun 3 12:23:45 MDT 2005

might not be the place, but I'm at a dead end...

I have a (linksys ) WAP/router on my network that I can't find
topologically...I know where it is (its plugged into a hub) physically,
but I can't get to the administrative page to secure it. ( noone seems
to know the IP address or anything) It doesn't show up in DNS as
'linksys' or anything similar, and I don't have any unaccounted for
names as far as I can tell...

am I thinking too hard? could this be operating just as a hub and not
have an ip address or managing interface of its own?

and, as a corollary question...what if I did have the mac address...is
there an easy way to resolve that to an IP ?

tia