[clue-tech] find a lost wireless router?

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Jun 3 12:42:53 MDT 2005

>> Did you try 192.168.1.1 from inside it's network?  Just plug into the
>> back of it and try to open that page, unless you previously changed
>> it's internal IP scheme...
>

> tried a whole series of defaults.
> we're natted to 10.x.x.x internally and the device should be set to dhcp
> only

Right - I'm talking about the inside of it.  You said it's plugged in to
a hub, so I have no idea how to find the outside IP - I was talking
about the inside of it, plug into the little 4 port hub on the back of
it if it has one, if not, there should atleast be a LAN port right? The
ones I work with have a WAN and LAN port, sometimes 4 LAN ports.  If you
get on the LAN side, it's possible the default IP of 192.168.1.1 should
work.
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com