[clue-tech] blocking unwanted joe-job return messages

Dan Harris dan at drivefaster.net
Wed Jun 8 13:37:54 MDT 2005

Today, we have been flooded by returns from mail servers who are
receiving spam spoofed from one of our "sales@" addresses.  There are
multiple domains on my email server, for example.. alpha-domain.com
and beta-domain.com.

The spammer has hijacked sales at beta-domain.com but we only use
sales at alpha-domain.com.  All of this crap coming back to us is
addressed To sales at beta-domain.com.  I want to know if there is some
way using my configuration to block/delete/ignore these spam bounces
coming to sales at beta-domain.com but keep sales at alpha-domain.com
intact.  Clear as mud?

I think the main problem with my solution is that if someone sends to
"sales@" any of my domains hosted, it goes to the "sales" account.
I'd rather limit these addresses to specific domains if that is
possible.

Configuration is Postfix 2, Cyrus IMAP, amavisd-new, spamassassin

Any ideas are welcomed, this has ruined my day so far..

Thanks!

-Dan