[clue-tech] interesting computer case

Peter Motykowski peter at motyka.org
Mon Jun 13 11:57:20 MDT 2005

Dave Price wrote:

>>My current plan is to use one of these little guys:
>>http://motyka.org/images/misc/ipaq.jpg
>>

> Where can you get one of these?
>
> aloha,
> dave

I found the vendor (sumsurplus) on Ebay, a small outfit in Aurora that
sells liquidated government computer assets.  They had a slew of them
with PIII 733MHz, 128MB RAM, 10GB, and CDROM.  I did a buy it now and
picked up at location to save on shipping.  I cost me around $70.  I
already had extra RAM to bump it up to 512MB and a spare 120GB hard
drive too.  With the upgrades, it fits my server requirements just fine.

The vendor was off Smith Rd. near the Denver County prison.  They had
tons of stuff, including old Sun Enterprise servers, stacks of sparc
stations, SGI boxes, etc.  The impression I got was, if you came with
cash, you could get some great deals.  I'll follow up if I can dig up
the exact address and name of the business.

Peter

Peter Motykowski: peter at motyka.org
Web Site: http://motyka.org
AIM: VeganPablo