[clue-tech] Lnking Firefox and Thunderbird under XFCE 4.2 and FC3 -- solved

bof bof at pcisys.net
Tue Jun 21 10:35:24 MDT 2005

bof wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running XFCE 4.2 under FC3, Firefox 1.04 and Thunderbird 1.0.2.
> There is also installed, by FC3, Mozilla 1.7.7.
>
> How do I get Firefox and Thunderbird to link with each other, so that
> when I click on a URL in Thunderbird, it opens in Firefox, and when I
> click on send page/link in Firefox, it opens Thunderbird?
>
> <snip>

Never mind.

 I've found, after looking in the Xfce forums (Goggle, for once, was not
my friend), the answer to this: it involves placing links in the pref.js
files in the .mozilla/firefox and .thunderbird directories to point to
the programs.

Sorry to have bothered y'all, but I could not find an answer in the most
likely places.

BOF