[clue-tech] Line noise and modem hangups

Doug Williams dwilliams40 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 21:19:18 MDT 2005

Nate,

I determmined that it was coming from the outside by
hooking up a phone directly to the network beyond the
box and was getting either KOSI or KEZW crystal clear
from the phone. I pointed this out to QWest and they
told me that unless I get DSL they will do nothing for
me. I also can use another computer here in the house
that has a Winmodem and connect at least at 34k and
not drop the connection until I am finished with the
session. I have moved the computer to other rooms
thinking that it might be the proximaty to an alarm
switch box in the house but that is not it. I can
connect on occasion near 32 or at slowest 29k but I
have to hit the right time of the night and right day
of the week to do it. I am just getting tired of
hearing elvis if I use an internal modem on the phone
I connect to it and not having a reliable connection
to the internet.

Doug