[clue-tech] Questions about CentOS/Fedora

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:40:54 MST 2005

More info:

1. CentOS4.0-final has been released.
2. Final has fixed the problem I had with firefox (erratic arrow key
behavior when editing text).
3. There is a new kernel, so I need to backout my sound card
workaround, try again, and open a bug if it's still broken.
4. It's heartening to note that the bug I reported on firefox was
numbered 833! Pretty small number of bugs.
5. Most admin procedures and maintenance procedures are 99% compatible
between Fedora and CentOS.
6. In spite of Greg's opinion (CentOS is a server-only distro), there
are a lot of desktop users, and why would CentOS offer a desktop
install if it's mission is to be server only?
7. I've noted little difference in using CentOS and Fedora. Once I got
the yum.conf fixed up, there are plenty of packages available.

Onward and upward.

--
 Collins