[clue-tech] Noisy computers

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Sat Mar 5 12:36:41 MST 2005

At 09:43 AM 3/5/2005, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>/I ha/ve an older computer (P2) that is pretty loud when it's on.  Does
>anyone know of anything I can do to make it quieter?  I guess it's the fan
>on the CPU that's making all the noise, but it's driving me crazy.
>
>Angelo

it is almost certainly your fan. it could be getting ready to go out. try
tightening some screws

--

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org  39 34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W  AIM ID caoriez

"ISPs that ignore community standards risk losing the co-operation of their
peers, which is more valuable than any one customer could ever be." -
http://linx.net on de-peering ISPs that host spammers