[clue-tech] question on commands

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Wed Mar 9 23:34:52 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 19:30 -0700, Jeff Cann wrote:
> When I want to find a file and then immediately vi it it:
>
> $ find . -name application.properties
> ./WEB-INF/classes/application.properties
>
> $ vi ./WEB-INF/classes/application.properties
>
> Is there a way to do this in a single command ?

What about this?

find . -name application.properties -exec vi {} \;

-- or --

vi `find . -name application.properties`
(those are backticks, not quotes)

That should open all found files in vi.
--
Doug

Random Thought:
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.	 If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats."
 -- Howard Aiken