[clue-tech] BNC port

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Thu Mar 10 13:29:11 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 10:33 -0700, Ballon, Mike wrote:
> Let's not mention thicknet ;)

10Base-5.  Sweeet.  I cut my networking tech in high school on good ol'
802.5.  Yep, Token Ring.  I remember cataloging all the cards between
the loser 4 Mbps and the shiny 16 Mbps.  They were just starting to put
in 10Base-T when I left.

Then, college.  When I got there every lab was thinnet with the dorm
rooms slowly becoming 10Base-T--I got it in my senior year, the jerks.
Before then I had a sweet 14.4 connection to the campus modems so I
could log in to our VAX...that Ethernet was ambrosia.

Matt

--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/