[clue-tech] /proc times.

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Mar 15 17:39:35 MST 2005

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:50:52 -0700
> David Anselmi wrote:
>
>>that's MST, or tango -7 for you navy geeks
>
> I guess I'm not much of a Navy geek, since I thought UTC was called "Zulu"
> in the alpha-speek vernacular.

Indeed it is.  And the other time zones all have their letters.  Going
east from zulu you have alpha +1, bravo +2, and so on (the number is the
number you add to zulu to get local).  Going west from zulu is november
-1, oscar -2, until you get to romeo -5 (EST) and tango -7 (MST).

Naturally the labels are discontinuous at Z and M/Y, and the one they
left out was J (if it were more regular than that it wouldn't be
interesting to geeks, would it?)

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/timezone.htm