[clue-tech] proxy/available memory issue

Peter C. Hinkle drumvudu at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 26 09:11:25 MST 2005

I'm having a problem that is new to me and can't seem to figure out what is
going on. I run squid proxy, I have a dsl connection, and over 700mb of RAM
on this machine. Anytime I want to download a file that is rather large, say
anything over 300mb, as the download progresses, my available memory gets
smaller and smaller until my entire system begins to get 'choppy.'
Alternatively, if I use wget and specify "proxy=off", this does not occur.
I'm sure that I just have a config wrong somewhere but I am having a fit
figuring out where. Anyone have any ideas? /peter

--
Peter H.
GPG Key ID: 0xCB8F40BD
drumvudu at mindspring.com