[clue-tech] Great New Adobe Acrobat Version

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Tue Mar 29 13:24:20 MST 2005

Matt Gushee wrote:
> Keith Hellman wrote:

>> Unfortunately, I haven't seen any FOSS apps that do all of the above:
>> - fullscreen with Next, Prev, and 'b' for blank
>> - reread file when changed on disk
>> Instead it takes a hodgepodge of FOSS + acroread.  Oh well.
>
> I hear ya. As it happens, I just picked up a copy of the book _PDF
> Hacks_, which is full of recipes for interesting things you can do with
> PDF files & their viewers. I'll see if there's anything relevant to this
> & report back.

Hmm ... doesn't look to promising. You can customize the Acrobat Reader
interface w/ JavaScript, but apparently the API only handles keyboard
events in forms ... you could probably create an invisible form with a
page-sized field, and layer it over every page, but that would probably
be more trouble than it's worth. And anyway, it's not open source. I'm
sure gv doesn't support scripting; probably not xpdf either. gpdf? Don't
know: I tried it a couple months ago; it seemed to have a horrendous
memory leak, and crashed my X session.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA