[clue-tech] Downside of increasing TCP window size?

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Sat May 7 09:56:29 MDT 2005

If you never have issues with your connection then increasing the window
size is fine; if you do have the occasional error then increasing window
size will actually make your connection slower because it will take longer
for TCP to recognize there is a problem and recover from it.

TCP can negotiate the window size already, you're probably better off just
letting TCP handle it.