[clue-tech] Script Help

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Tue May 10 18:55:19 MDT 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 04:53:53PM -0600, Ballon, Mike wrote:
> variable position of the second important field.  In the first two lines the
> position of the field I want is 4th, on the 3rd line it's 5th.  What the
> Exchange widge is suppose to show mailboxes that do not have a 1-1
> relationship so I need an output if the username in val1 doesn't equal the
> username in val2.  The important data here being "userX", other stuff I
> could care less about.  Only thing I've come up with is doing a "count" of
> "cn" first and creating seperate input files and script for each "numbered"
> ou and I just don't want to :)  Can someone morf mine into something that
> works?  Many Thanks...
>
> DATA
>
> Matched 'cn=usera,cn=Recipients,ou=something,o=something else' to
> 'CN=usera,OU=office,OU=office2,OU=Users and Groups,DC=domain,DC=com' based
> on SID.
> Matched 'cn=userb,cn=Recipients,ou=somthing,o=something else' to
> 'CN=userb,OU=office,OU=office2,OU=Users and Groups,DC=domain,DC=com' based
> on SID.
> Matched 'cn=userc,cn=wayway,cn=outeast,ou=something,o=something else' to
> 'CN=userc,OU=outeast,OU=support,OU=Users and Groups,DC=domain,DC=com' based
> on SID.
>
> PARSE
> cat ez.log | grep Matched | awk -F"[Cc][Nn]=" '{print $2 $4}' | awk -F","
> '$1 != $2 {print $1","$2}'

What about preprocessing it with sed?
  cat ez.log | grep Matched | sed 's/\(cn=\).*cn=/\1/' |awk ...

Or some such...

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

A tuple, a dict, and a list,
And whitespace which mus'n't be missed.
Imported together,
And stirred with a feather,
Yields a language whose name must be hissed!

-- Python Limmerick Contest submission by Roy Smith
   http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/d7a780beaff2e88a/