[clue-tech] cdrecord

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sun May 15 13:20:29 MDT 2005

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

> I burn data cds using that all the time. I can't use dev=-2,-2,-2 even
> though that's what it supposedly maps to:

Negative numbers? That seems kind of weird, doesn't it?

> scsidev: 'ATAPI:/dev/hdc'
> devname: 'ATAPI:/dev/hdc'

So, have you tried specifying the device exactly that way? It doesn't
match any documentation I've ever seen, but the cdrecord interface is
somewhat complex and underdocumented ... in case you hadn't noticed ;-)

> Just tried that, same results.

Well, the only other thing I can think of is, do you have SCSI emulation
enabled (AFAIK, it never gets enabled automatically, so you would know
if it were)? I believe you have to disable it--i.e. boot without
whatever parameters you used to enable it, and without loading the
ide_scsi module--in order to use an ATAPI device directly.

And that's about the limit of my knowledge. Hope you can work it out.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA