[clue-tech] cdrecord

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun May 15 21:51:00 MDT 2005

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> Well,  none of the above suggestions worked. The CD still comes out with
> completely garbled audio. ): I've tried non-Memorex media to the same effect
> and can't help but think its actually my burner (a 52x24x52 CD-RW). I guess
> its time for a new drive?

I don't think a new drive will help, though I don't have time at the
moment to work on your problem.  If the drive works for data it is
probably ok.

I would look at the WAV files, especially if they sound close but
speeded up.  Just noise would be a different story.

You might also try a 2.4 kernel, like the cdrecord warning says.  You
might also try different players to play a CD you burn--especially one
that will play direct to the audio card without OS intervention.