[clue-tech] gimp question

Peter H. drumvudu at mindspring.com
Wed May 18 12:38:42 MDT 2005

Jeff Cann <j.cann at isuma.org> wrote:
> I'm stumped.  I want to take portions of screen shots and make 'readable'
> thumbnails of about 200 x 150 pixels.   I've been shrinking the images to
> the thumbnail size [using gimp2 cubic], but distorion sets in and makes the
> images blurry.
>
> I'm looking for advice from veteran graphics folks on how best to make my
> images more readable.   I put the image in question at
> http://isuma.org/uscore.png
>
> I appreciate suggestions.
> Jeff

Jeff, take a look at the montage command from the imagemagic suite. Also, if
you have KDE, it has a command that will create the entire set of thumbs,
stick em to a page of HTML that you can modify or use the wizard ahead of
time to set it up. Just open Konqueror and look under tools when you are in
the directory with the full sized images in it. I bleieve the command says
"create image gallery". And one more thing is a neat little program in KDE
called "pixie plus". AAMOF, you may be able to run pixie w/o KDE
IIRC..HTH's //Peter

--
Peter H.
GPG Key ID: 0xCB8F40BD