[clue-tech] cdrecord

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu May 19 18:18:45 MDT 2005

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 05:30:17PM -0600, David Anselmi wrote the following:

[...]
>>cdda2wav dev=2,0 -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav
>
> I have no problems ripping the original. The original wav works perfectly.

It isn't a question of ripping but of getting the .info files cdda2wav
makes.

>>cdrecord dev=2,0 -v -dao -useinfo -text  *.wav
>
> dao gives me the problems I had before. only using -raw96r gives me a cd
> that is at least mostly correct, dunno why I'd use the other two switches
> (useinfo and text) and I can use or not use audio w/o any change.

Those switches use the out of band info that cdda2wav decodes.  -text
probably doesn't matter but it used to be that cdrecord put a 2 second
blank spot between tracks so using the .info files was the only way to
get the tracks connected the way they originally were.

Also, the info files provide track size data.  Since you don't seem to
be providing it to -raw96r, maybe that would help.

Finally, did you try the -clone example?

And in the end, you might look to see whether those CDs employ any copy
protection.