[clue-tech] ext3 file errors

Jef Barnhart jef at batky-howell.com
Tue Nov 1 13:57:08 MST 2005

Ok, I have this problem and have not been able to find a solution.

kernel: journal_bmap: journal block not found at offset 4108 on hda1
kernel: Aborting journal on device hda1.
kernel: ext3_abort called.
kernel: EXT3-fs error (device hda1): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected
        aborted journal
kernel: Remounting filesystem read-only

Looking for answers has been had going. What is this doing that the
error is happening and how do I fix this.

The best that I can find for a fix is that the journal got messed up and
nedds t be deleted and rebuilt. Anybody have any other ideas. I don't
want to rebuild the machine.

Jef