[clue-tech] Re: proxy server

Rich Whitaker rich.whitaker at samsungcontact.com
Thu Nov 3 12:10:55 MST 2005

Here is something you might want to look at.
http://tinyproxy.sourceforge.net/

Whenever I am browsing questionable web sites (for security purposes only of
course) the security guys come knocking.  So I set up Tiny on my home
server, and gave it an externally accessible ip address (it cost me a little
more money).  And then I just set up my browser to proxy through my home
server.  Additional benefits noticed almost immediately:  A greatly reduced
amount of SPAM.  I assume the spammers are harvesting the Proxy email
address rather than my own.  That's just an assumption that I have never
looked into at all.

Hope that helps.

- Rich

Rich Whitaker