[clue-tech] host's index file inaccessable unless specified in url..help?

John Kennedy johnhkennedy at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 09:26:42 MST 2005

good morning all,

I have a problem with my home webserver.

I have an el cheapo Qwest dsl line.
I have a Debian Webserver in a DMZ.

The webserver is a Debian [MEPIS distro].

The DMZ is on a Smoothwall box.

The DSL Modem is an Actiontec from Qwest/MSN.

It has been a few years sinice I've set up a webserver
and I'm in a quandry over a problem with how the site
comes up.

The problem:

If I just insert the domain name in the browser [w/o
 the index.html with it], the site will not appear and
I see an Actiontex Error instead.

But if I add 'index.html' to the right of the domain
 it comes up fine.

What should I check first to fix this?

Using   Apache2.

 Also redirecting from the free vanity hoster
 'hn.org'.

Any/all ideas appreciated.

 John Kennedy