[clue-tech] Re: proxy server

Adrian Noland anoland at indigente.net
Tue Nov 8 15:21:23 MST 2005

You can skip Squid altogether and use SSH's dyanmic forwarding. Putty
supports it too.

ssh -D1080 remotehost.com

Then set your browser's proxy settings to: localhost:1080

I use this since I've gotten in trouble on a couple occasions from my ISP.
It is a lot harder than it looks to properly secure a proxy server. This
way is quick and easy.